Saturday, February 24, 2007

JFK, Jr. Thought

Been thinking about the '08 Presidential campaign and here's what I wrote to a friend who asked me about it recently:

"Yeah, I really like Obama, too. He's the kind of guy you can get excited about, and face it, the Hillary machine must be stopped. You know, if JFK Jr's plane had not gone down, he'd have Hillary's Senate seat, and he could be the one we were all excited about (like Obama) and have the political organization/money machine (like Hillary). It's a shame really, 'cause I always kinda thought he would make a great president someday, and we desperately need a great one.

Could Obama be great? Yeah, he could, but we could have had JFK, Jr. Kind of a random thought, but there you go.

Can we get excited about Edwards? I dunno anymore. He's like McCain....both are trying to make their party bases happy by somewhat selling themselves out. Not that there's anything unusual about that, just ask Romney. Edwards also has a hint of used goods from the Kerry debacle... Edwards is not such a fresh face anymore, and he doesn't have much more experience now than when he ran last time. Obama is fresher and his chalkboard empty....people are throwing in with him without knowing where he stands on many things, and that's a great benefit to him. Speaking ability goes a long way, just ask Reagan, and Obama is amazing....Edwards may be a bit too much (gulp)... Jimmy Carter. I'm not really thinking about it much though! ;-P Still got an Edwards tag on my blog...for now..."

Not sure if this has been discussed, but check out what happens to "Obama" on my spell checker in Outlook Express:





It's a vast right wing conspiracy, I say. Or is it left wing? Rush Limbaugh probably has something to do with this!