Friday, August 08, 2008

Goodbye John Edwards

I told ya, back on 12/19/07, that the Enquirer was onto something. Now it's out there, he's admitted it.

Who was Edwards to think he could run, when this story has been 'out there' since well before the primaries began? Dude.

I've liked Edwards for the most part during his brief political career. A few of of my first blog posts were about Edwards back when he shone like a meteor, taking his Senate seat to the national stage, contending for two presidential nominations. Now he is gone. Toast. Worm meal. Lower than a crawdad's belly in a sink full of soaking hot seaweed.

At least his wife was in remission at the time?

At least it's not his baby, that we know of, yet?

At least he didn't love her?

Dude? Dude.....

I say this as a joke, but you know there's some truth here:
I think he could have done better than that, I mean it's not like she's super hot, or a brewery heiress or something. Color me disappointed.