Thursday, January 05, 2006

Robertson on Sharon


I never expected this Robertson guy to be so plentiful with the ridiculous quotes, but here you go:

BREITBART.COM - US Christian broadcaster says Sharon's stroke divine retribution: "'The prophet Joel makes it very clear that God has enmity against those who, quote, 'divide my land.' God considers this land to be his.

'You read the Bible, he says, 'This is my land.' And for any prime minister of Israel who decides he's going carve it up and give it away, God says, 'No. This is mine.''

Robertson, who frequently provokes outrage with his remarks, said he was 'sad' to see Sharon fall sick, and that he was a 'very likeable person.'

'I prayed with him personally. But here he is at the point of death. He was dividing God's land, and I would say woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU, the United Nations or the United States of America.'

'God said, 'This land belongs to me, you better leave it alone.''

Robertson also appeared to suggest former Israeli prime minister Yitzhak Rabin, murdered in 1995, had also paid the ultimate price for talking peace."

Robertson is making Falwell look bashful in comparison. C'mon Rev. Falwell, ypu can top this one, I know you can!